COVID-19 and Flu Updates
Updates about Covid-19 and Flu from LCH Health and Community Services.
For Your Safety
The safety of our patients and our staff is our priority.
When you Arrive at LCH:
- Every person who comes in to an LCH facility will be asked to wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose upon arrival.
- The Patient Services Representative (PRS) will ask a series of questions related to COVID-19 symptoms.
- At this time, we ask that you please come alone to your appointment. Patients who require additional assistance, such as children, patients with special needs, or elderly patients, can come to their appointments with one support person.
Updated Covid-19 Guidance
Stay up-to-date with current safety guidelines for you and your family: visit www.CDC.gov/coronavirus for more information. Read our Patient FAQ about common COVID-19 questions as of January 18th, 2022. The CDC and Pennsylvania Department of Health continue to require wearing of masks in health care settings, whether or not you are vaccinated. Thank you for wearing a mask during your visit to our health centers!
LCH is proud to offer Covid-19 and Influenza (Flu) vaccines to current patients.
Vaccines save lives. Protect yourself, your family, and your community.
Update on COVID-19 Boosters: Appointments for COVID-19 booster shots are now available for current LCH patients. LCH is not administering community vaccinations for COVID-19 outside of our current patient base, but they are readily available in greater community. Visit vaccines.gov and the Chester County Health Department to find the nearest location to you.
Update on COVID-19 Vaccines for Infants Ages 6 months and up: Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are now available to everyone—including infants 6 months and up. LCH is not administering Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, but the vaccine is readily available with the Chester County Health Department and vaccines.gov. Schedule today!
Have questions? Talk with your provider! Don’t have a provider? Establish care with us. New patients are always welcome across our health centers in Oxford, Kennett Square, and West Grove.
Now more than ever, vaccines will protect the most vulnerable in our community.
V-Safe Information and RegistrationView or Download
Moderna Vaccine Fact SheetView or Download
It is so important to stay informed as vaccines continue to be distributed throughout our community.
- UnidosUS Esperanza Hope for All Campaign: Resources, vaccine FAQs, and more in English and in Spanish
- Center for Disease Control (CDC): Safety information, vaccine FAQs, and more in English and in Spanish
- Chester County Health Department: If you have additional questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, call the Chester County Call Center at: (610) 344-6225
- Health and Human Services We Can Do This Campaign: Resources, vaccine FAQs, and more in English and in Spanish
Get your vaccine! The time is now!
The best way to reduce your risk from seasonal flu and its potentially serious complications is to get vaccinated every year.
Patients with upper respiratory and flu like symptoms can be seen in all 3 of our offices.
The best way to reduce your risk from seasonal flu and its potentially serious complications is to get vaccinated every year. Learn how to prevent the flu here: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/index.html
Influenza (also known as “flu”) is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses. It can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death. Learn more about flu sympotoms here: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/symptoms/index.html
- CDC recommends everyone 6 months and older get vaccinated every flu season. Children 6 months through 8 years of age may need 2 doses during a single flu season. Everyone else needs only 1 dose each flu season.
- It takes about 2 weeks for protection to develop after vaccination. There are many flu viruses, and they are always changing. Each year a new flu vaccine is made to protect against the influenza viruses believed to be likely to cause disease in the upcoming flu season.
LCH care teams are here to help you!Contact Us
Overview of current LCH services.
LCH patients have the option of Telehealth for many of our visit types, including:
- Primary Care in Kennett Square and in Oxford
- Pediatric Care in West Grove
- Behavioral health services in Kennett Square, Oxford, and West Grove
- Dental care services
- Women’s health services
- Social assistance services
Telehealth appointments are now availableLearn more
There are many resources in the community that are available. LCH is here to help you navigate these resources.
Community Resource Links:
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) website: CDC.gov/CoronaVirus
- Centers for Disease Contro (CDC) website: https://www.cdc.gov/Flu/Index.htm
- Chester County Health Department (CCHD) website: https://www.chesco.org/843/Influenza-Flu
- Chester County Health Department (CCHD) website: Chesco.org/CoronaVirus
- Southern Chester County Opportunity Network resource page: SCCnetwork.org/community-resources
LCH health education videos are available on our YouTube channel. Tips and information about vaccines, caring for your mask, wellness self-care, personal hygiene safety, and more.
Latest LCH News
Aug 19, 2021
Delta Variant Community Q & A
Jun 17, 2021
COVID-19 Vaccine Q and A with LCH
Sep 11, 2020
COVID-19 Safety Tips
Watch our health tip videosGo to YouTube
Every penny counts as COVID-19 continues to be a part of our everyday lives. Thank you for your support!
Join us in changing lives
We are so grateful for all of the community support that has come to LCH during the pandemic. These donations have helped us budget for additional staff, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), supplies, and technology needed provide health and community services to all.
Our list of foundations who have supported LCH during COVID-19 (updated July 20, 2020):
- American Mushroom Institute
- Barra Foundation
- Bell-Cole Family Foundation
- Claneil Foundation
- Direct Relief
- Ann and Steven Hutton Fund, a fund of the Chester County Community Foundation
- Independence Blue Cross Foundation
- The Marshall Reynolds Foundation
- McLean Contributionship
- The Oxford Area Foundation
- Philadelphia Foundation
- Michael and Nancy Pia Fund, a fund of the Chester County Community Foundation
- United Way of Chester County
- United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
- United Way of Southern Chester County
- Walmart Foundation
Visit our Get Involved page to see our full list of supporters and our annual reports.