LCH Celebrates National Health Center Week by Spotlighting Community Partners
Meet LCH’s partners and learn how collaboration leads to healthier communities.
LCH Health and Community Services (LCH) plans to celebrate another year of local community impact during National Health Center Week, August 8th through August 14th. LCH provides integrated health care and community services to over 8,000 residents in southern Chester County each year through their health centers in Kennett Square and Oxford, and their specialty services site in West Grove, which offers pediatric, dental, women’s health and prenatal care. LCH provides high quality, affordable healthcare for all: patients with private insurance, Medicaid, Medicare, and uninsured patients. No one is turned away due to inability to pay.
“This is a particularly special celebration this year,” said Ronan Gannon, CEO of LCH. “Over the past year, the team at LCH demonstrated the value of community health centers by providing healthcare during the pandemic, testing for and administering COVID-19 vaccines, and supporting our community during the challenges of unemployment and so much uncertainty. LCH staff were there on the front lines with an incredible amount of dedication and determination.”
This year’s National Health Center Week theme is “The Chemistry for Strong Communities”. LCH will spotlight five community partners during virtual lunch and learns on Facebook Live through @LCHcommunityhealth. “In addition to the work we do in the community, we are proud of the strong relationships we have with community partners, which enables us to better connect patients with additional support and resources they need, Gannon said.”
The schedule of the live virtual sessions for the week is as follows:
- Monday, August 9th, 12:15 p.m.
- Kennett Area Community Service (KACS) and LCH Social Assistance on housing/case work.
- Watch the live video recording with KACS.
- Tuesday, August 10th, 12:15 p.m.:
- Chester County Food Bank and LCH Primary Care on food and healthy lifestyles.
- Watch the live video recording with CCFB.
- Wednesday, August 11th, 12:15 p.m.:
- LCH Behavioral Health on teen mental health.
- Watch the live video recording with LCH BHC.
- Thursday, August 12th, 12:15 p.m.:
- Chester County Health Department, Maternal Child Health Consortium (MCHC), and LCH Pediatrics on childhood vaccinations.
- Watch the live video recording with CCHD and MCHC.
- Friday, August 13th, 12:15 p.m.:
- Oxford SILO and LCH Community Engagement on community building and community outreach.
- Watch the live video recording with Oxford SILO.